The River Campus
at Southeast Missouri State University
Cape Girardeau, MO
- Sat: 12:00pm-6:00pm
- Sun & Mon: 9:00am-1:00pm, 2:00-5:00pm
- Must have previously completed a 30-hour aerial teacher training with a Born to Fly Provider (i.e. Silks 1, Sling 1, Trapeze 1, Lyra 1, etc).
Required Reading: Order books here.
- The Aerial Teacher’s Handbook by Julianna Hane
What You Will Learn:
Children are quite different from adult learners. Their bodies and minds are at earlier stages of development, requiring special attention be paid to types of movements trained, how to present material, and how to progress them with safety in mind. This course covers child development from ages 2-16 and progresses into concrete skills and activities that support youth in their aerial journey.Teacher trainees can choose to focus on either kids aerial yoga or kids aerial arts for a 20-hour course. We also offer the option to complete the full 30 hours covering both kids aerial yoga and aerial arts. Here is the course breakdown by hours:
- General Youth Teaching Concepts: 10 hours of this course will focus on concepts of teaching aerial youth. Both aerial arts and aerial yoga participants will be combined in this section.
- Aerial Arts Segment: 10 hours of this course will focus on applications in aerial arts.
Registration: Please contact The Edge at: email@example.com regarding registration and payments.